Tuesday, January 4, 2011

21 + 39 years of experience












HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY to my beautiful mama - one of my very best friends!

And now, in honor of mothers everywhere, here's a catchy little song:

Get up out of bed
Wash your face
Brush your teeth
Comb your sleepy head
Here’s your clothes
And your shoes
Hear the words I said
Get up now
Get up and make your bed
Are you hot?
Are you cold?
Are you wearing that?
Where's your books and your lunch and your homework at?
Grab your coat and your gloves and your scarf and hat
And after school, don’t forget, you have to feed the cat
Eat your breakfast
The experts tell us it’s the most important meal of all
Take your vitamins so you will grow up one day to be big and tall


Chew carefully
But hurry
The bus is here
Wait just a sec!
Come back here!
Did you wash behind your ears?
Play outside
Don’t play rough
Would you just play fair?
Be polite
You'll make more friends
When you take the time to share
Work it out
Wait your turn
It's not polite to stare
Get along
Don’t make me come down there!
Clean your room
Fold your clothes
Put your stuff away
Make your bed
Do it now
We don't have all day!
Were you born in a barn?
Would you like some hay?
Excuse me? Can you even hear a word I say?

Where you going and with whom and what time do you think you’re coming home?
Say thank you, please, excuse me everywhere you go
You’ll appreciate my wisdom
Someday when you’re older and you’re grown
Can’t wait ’til you have a couple little children of your own!
You’ll thank me for the counsel I gave you so willingly
But right now
I thank you NOT to roll your eyes at me
Close your mouth when you chew
Would appreciate
Take a bite
Maybe two
Of the stuff you hate
Use your fork
Do not burp!
Or I’ll set you straight
This isn't a restaurant! Now PLEASE just eat the food I put on your plate
Just do your best
Life is a test
I don’t care who started it
You’re grounded 'til your 36
And if all your friends jumped off a cliff
Would you jump too?

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said at least a thousand times before
You’re too old to act this way
It must be your dad’s DNA
Look at me when I am talking
Stand up straight when you're walking
A place for everything
And everything in its place
Stop crying or I’ll give you something real to cry about
Oh!
Brush your teeth
Wash your face
Get your PJs on
Get in bed
Give me a hug
Let's pray together now
Don’t ever forget
I love you VERY MUCH
**KISS**
And tomorrow we will do this all again because a mom’s work never ends
You don’t need the reason why
Because
Because
Because
Because
I said so
I said so
I said so
I said so
I’m the Mom


Every day I hope to be, the mother that you are to me. I love you more than you know.

2 comments:

A. said...

Holy crap, can you see Ben in her baby picture or WHAT?! I can see where you got your beauty, too. :)

CMS said...

Aw, shucks, A. You sure know how to brighten a (super sleepy, tired beyond tired, could-this-baby-just-PLEASE-sleep-through-the-night?) girl's day. :)