Monday, May 16, 2011

From March to May

My good friend Morgan, who lives out in Oregon, pointed out that I haven't blogged in awhile. I've been slacking! Here are some photos since the last time I blogged — a sneak peek into what's been going on in my life since the snow finally (reluctantly!) decided to melt. I think spring has arrived. It's been a long, cold winter.


Adam with his Uncle Shawny. Never a dull moment!


Sometimes I like to put girly things in Ben's hair to see what he'd look like as Summer (that was our girl name both times I was pregnant). I promise I don't do this on a regular basis. He's such an easy target, though! He never tries to remove the headbands, he just lets me mess with him. Such a good-natured baby.


I helped host a bachelorette party for my good friend Amy on April 9. The bridesmaids and I booked a 1,000-square-foot suite at a hotel downtown Minneapolis for food, drinks, gifts and socializing before weaving down the street to The W (martinis!) and Lyon's Pub (dancing!) that evening. It was a blast. *Note to self: A group of mid-to-late 30-something women, many of them moms + Jello shots, "jungle juice," wine & beer = Crazy town. Let's just say that MANY of us needed Gatorade and Tylenol the next morning.


Almost bar close and still goin' strong ...


My cousin Sara flew in from San Francisco with her fiance, Jeremy, for three Minnesota baby showers the weekend of April 8-10. I helped host a family shower with my mom (who—let's be honest—did most of the work) and my Aunt Karen. Sara is one of those, "What? You're 34 weeks pregnant?! You're hardly showing!!" beautiful, glowing, happy pregnant girls. She is due at the end of May with Baby Lillian (Lily) and at her shower April 10 she had only gained 10 pounds. I was running on empty at the shower, going on 3 hours of sleep after Rem's wild bachelorette party. The guys all went bowling during the baby shower, so I was on Adam & Ben duty as well. Thankfully Adam is pretty self-sufficient, and there were plenty of relatives willing to help out with Ben. Sara was so appreciative of everything - the food, the gifts, the games. I only wish she didn't live so far away!!


Our first of three Easter egg hunts. This one was taken at our daycare party the Thursday prior to Easter Sunday.


Adam is busy searching for his coin-filled eggs at my parents' house in Forest Lake on Easter; later that day he played with his cousins and received more Easter treats at Grandma Patti's.


Swimming lessons! Adam became more brave as the sessions went on. Ben took to the water immediately. He even let us dunk him without crying. (The instructors coached us on that, or I would've been terrified to stick his head underwater!)


I was honored to be the matron of honor in my good friend Amy's wedding May 7. Beautiful, happy bride and groom, beautiful weather, beautiful church, beautiful reception. Everything was perfect! I even gave a speech and didn't faint!


I am so in love with this boy! Not a day goes by that I don't count my blessings.


Nothing better than celebrating with some of your very best friends (it didn't hurt that there was free beer & wine, a photobooth, and a dance floor, either!) Tonya & AJ were with us in spirit. Stupid expensive flights.


The groom singing "International Harvester." It's a country song that speaks to his farming roots. I will never hear that song again without thinking of Jim. He was on top of the world that night, as every groom should be!


Such a fun reception! Rem looked like a fairytale princess, right up until the very end of the evening. Her happiness was infectious. Jim and Amy truly are best friends.


Mother's Day brunch. How did I get so lucky to be the mama of these little boys?!


This was at my friend Julie's baby shower. I love watching my friends become parents. It's such an exciting time!


Adam, our little ham.


Ben, our jumper. He was jumping so intensely he wore himself out and fell asleep right in his exersaucer.

Stay tuned! I will post a real story soon!

3 comments:

A. said...

That sleeping picture is hilarious! What freakin' cute kids.

Em said...

Great pictures! And oh my gosh, I am about 20 times the size of your cousin. I can't believe she is 34 weeks in that picture!!

I love Ben in the headband. He looks so pretty. :)

morganbors said...

I love everything about this post from you mentioning me for calling you out to Ben passed out in the bouncer! Great pics, loks like you guys are having a great time living life!!! P.s cannot believe your cousin is so tiny, I'm way bigger at 23 weeks!