Thursday, March 20, 2008

The only constant in life is change. And Bon Jovi.

I am officially old. Aaron and I went to Bon Jovi last night & had a great time. Jon Bon Jovi jumped around more than a hyperactive 5-year-old, energizing the crowd and belting out classics like "Bad Medicine," "It's My Life," and "Livin' on a Prayer." I'm not a huge fan, but he looks—and sounds—damn good for 46. Richie Sambora also did not disappoint. He not only rocked the guitar (and a long purple jacket) but sang solo on one of my favorites: "I'll be there for you, these five words I swear to you ..." Even the opening act, Daughtry, was decent. One of the highlights for me (besides watching a wasted woman go from obnoxious dancing drunk to passed out cold in her chair) was when Chris Daughtry asked that the sound & light crew temporarily "kill the lights" and instructed everyone who had a camera to take a picture on the count of three. At "three," hundreds (thousands?) of flashes popped off at once. The special effect was really, really cool. For a minute or two it was like watching popcorn lightbursts in all areas & corners of the X. Pop, pop, pop.

In other news, two of my close friends are facing uncertainties in life (a serious break up & job insecurity) - and while they're both strong women and I know things will work out eventually, my heart breaks a little to know that they're hurting. Time heals all wounds, but getting to the healing part isn't always easy. So, in the spirit of a big fat "F YOU!"to those who made them hurt, here's a little rockin' anthem of hope (courtesy of the 2007 second place winner of American Idol):

"Over You"

Well I never saw it coming
I should've started running
A long, long time ago.
And I never thought I'd doubt you,
but I'm better off without you
More than you, more than you know.
I'm slowly getting closure.
I guess it's finally over.
I'm finally getting better,
The day I thought I'd never get through
I GOT OVER YOU.


1 comment:

willikat said...

i would still love bon jovi even if he still had feathered hair and spandex. the man ages well.
and, if that was referring to me, thanks! I needed a serenade!