Friday, August 7, 2009
Adam liked wearing Aaron's shoes around the house, even though he could barely walk in them.
Inspired by Willikat, here’s a post to fill some space. I’ll write a full update later ... complete with details from our trip to Alex, Adam's bday, and camping.
1. The phone rings. Who do you want it to be? Tonya telling me she’s moving back to Minnesota.
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart? Always
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener? I try to do a little of both.
4. Do you take compliments well? No. I have a compliment-accepting issue. I’m working on it.
5. Do you play Sudoku? No desire
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive? Very doubtful. I’d probably eat poisonous berries or mushrooms or get mauled by a black bear. If I could bring my dad or Shawn with me, I’d have a better chance.
7. Did you ever go to camp as a kid? Nope, but my grandparents owned a resort, and that was better than any camp!
8. What was your favorite game as a kid? Neighborhood games like Capture the Flag, Kick the Can, etc.
9. Would you slow dance with someone that you knew was married? If they knew my intentions were innocent (just a dance), then absolutely. It’s kind of fun slow dancing with married friends.
10. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you? It would be tough.
11. Do you like to pursue or be pursued? Be pursued
12. Use three words to describe yourself. Inquisitive, outgoing, procrastinator
13. Do any songs make you cry? I usually get emotional when I hear the “Star Spangled Banner.” I also love “Silent Night.”
14. Are you continuing your education? No, I have my BA in journalism and I’m good with that. (Plus my student loans are finally paid off!)
15. Do you know how to shoot a gun? Yes
16. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed? If my loved ones were already safely out of the house, I’d probably grab my purse … or photos
17. How often do you read books? A lot. It’s how I pass the time on my bus ride to and from work.
18. Do you think more about the past, present or future? I used to live too much in the past, now I’m all about the future.
19. What is your favorite children's book? Charlotte’s Web
20. What color are your eyes? Brown
21. How tall are you? 5'6’’
22. Where is your dream house located? Oregon coast
23. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth? Many, many, many times
24. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden? What a weird question. I can’t remember.
25. What is the furthest place you traveled today? From St. Paul to Maplewood to Minneapolis
26. Do you like mustard? Not a big fan
27. Do you prefer to sleep or eat? Sleep
28. Do you look like your mom or dad? I have some features from both (Dad’s chin, Mom’s face shape & nose, etc.) My personality is more like my dad’s.
29. How long does it take you in the shower? 15-20 minutes
30. Can you do the splits? I did them all the time when I was a gymnast, but haven’t tried to do the splits in a long, long time. (I’m sure I’d pull a muscle.)
31. What movie do you want to see right now? My Sister’s Keeper
32. Do you think The Grudge was scary? Never saw it. I don’t watch scary movies (my brother Nick keeps telling me I should watch The Haunting in Connecticut, based on a true story. NO WAY!)
33. Do you own a camera phone? No
34. Was your mom a cheerleader? Um, no
35. What's the last letter of your middle name? E (Michelle)
36. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? Seven or so
37. Do you like Care Bears? I like gummi bears. Does that count?
38. What do you buy at the movies? Licorice
39. Do you know how to play poker? I’m ashamed to admit that I don’t know how, but I do want to learn!
40. Do you wear your seatbelt? Always
41. What do you wear to sleep? Tank top and PJ pants
42. Anything big ever happen in your hometown? Bret Hedican, hockey great (married to Kristi Yamaguchi), went to my high school, and a few years ago Mayor Sandberg declared Aug. 12 as “Bret Hedican Day” in North St. Paul … it’s also home to the world’s largest stucco snowman (44-feet-tall).
43. How many meals do you eat a day? Three
44. Is your tongue pierced? No
45. Do you like funny or serious people better? Funny
46. Ever been to L.A.? Close, just down the road in San Diego
47. Did you eat a cookie today? Not yet
48. Do you use cuss words in other languages? Caca!!!
49. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads? Pay
50. Do you hate chocolate? I’m not psycho, so no.
51. What do you and your parents fight about the most? We don’t fight.
52. Are you a gullible person? Me?
53. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy? No, just my husband
54. If you could have any job (assuming you have the skills) what would it be? I’d be singing and dancing on Broadway.
55. Are you easy to get along with? I think so
56. What is your favorite time of day? 4:45, when I get to see Adam’s face after a long day of work, and then again at 6 when Aaron gets home.